- A Pen Drive/ Flash Drive (At least 4 GB for Windows 8/7/Vista or 1 GB for Windows XP)
- A Image File or DVD of the windows version you want to install.
- Daemon tool (For only those having Image File )
How to Do:
- Plug-in your USB flash drive or Pen drive.
- Open the PowerShell (OR Command Prompt if Power Shell doesn't Exist). Note: If you are using Windows 7/Vista then, open it with administrator rights*.Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->Windows Power Shell -> Windows PowerShell -> Right-click on “Windows PowerShell” and select “Run as Administrator”.
- In the Power Shell, type
- The Microsoft Disk Part utility will be started. Now use the following command:
- This will show you a list of available disks on your system. Disk 0 is usually the hard disk. Here Disk 1 is the Pen Drive (It could be different for different computer). Now use the command as shown below:
select disk 1
- In the above command, 1 is the Pen Drive number on my system. If you have a different number on your system, then you need to replace 1 with that number.Now use the following list of commands one by one as shown below:
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs quick
- Close Power Shell and proceed to the next step.
- Insert the Windows 7/Vista installation disc or Mount the Image of the disk Using Daemon tool. Note down the “drive letter” of your DVD drive or Virtual Drive(In case you are using Daemon tool) and your Pen drive and flash drive.
- Open the command prompt. If you are using Windows 7/Vista then open it with administrator rights.Goto Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator”.Now type the following list of commands as shown below:
bootsect.exe/nt60 k: (NOTE: k: is your USB drive letter)
- Now copy the Copy the contents of your Windows 8/7/Vista/XP disk or image into the USB flash drive.Directly Copy-Paste all the files into your pen drive/ Flash drive. (Note: Turf off your antivirus temporarily before copying because an antivirus will not allow copying autorun.inf file to your pen drive).
- You’re ready to install Windows from pen drive. Insert your pen drive and restart your PC. As soon as the BIOS page appear press “F8” and select your pen drive/ flash drive to boot. Or you can enable the “USB Boot” option and change the “Boot priority to USB device from hard disk” in your BIOS settings.
Just install windows as you wish.
This time it will be way faster than any time before.
Having any problem feel free to ask